Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy 8th of July!

Whew. Already July 8th? Well, my kennel friends I made it through my first "Independence Day" as Miss Independent. Well, I like people too much to be completely independent. I guess I'm a little more Miss Co-dependent, want to follow you everywhere than anything. But still, it's fun being able to run independently when I feel like it.
It's pretty great being "free" to be what I want to be. What a great home of the brave....brave world of greyhounds who can survive all the 4th of July hoopla that is! So, I hear there is some question regarding how greyhounds (and all dogs for that matter) will react to those pesky, noisey 4th of July fireworks. Well, here's what I have to say about that:
These photos were taken DURING the fireworks set off less than a mile from our house. Loud, sure. Ground vibrating. Yeap. Me...well, napping.

Oh, and for anyone who knows and was wondering. Here's my foster house mate, Beth. She's pretty scared of most things. But apparently not fireworks (pardon her demonic eyes, she's really quite angelic, just not when the flash is too close).


Keep on rockin' in the free world,

Athora (as told to Keri)

0 comments: